Terms and Conditions – Nick Fitzhardinge Photography
1. Payment and Booking
• In order to secure a spot, a non-refundable deposit of $200 is required (Lake O'Hara), or $400 (Mt Assiniboine)
• Workshop reservations are allocated on a first come, first serve basis where participants are only guaranteed a spot upon receipt of the full payment as stated in workshop details
• The remaining balance owed must be made 60 days prior to commencement of the workshop and as a one-time bulk payment. Smaller multiple Installments will not be accepted.
• If you have not paid the remaining balance 90 days prior to the commencement of the workshop, you will receive an invoice from us prompting payment for the full amount owed
• If you book 60 days or less prior to the commencement date of the workshop then the full payment is owed at the time of booking, and cannot be refunded
• You will receive a receipt after your initial deposit and after final payment indicating that your payment has been received and your spot has been reserved
• If we do not receive full payment for your workshop 60 days prior to the commencement of the workshop we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled. Additional cancellation details are below
• Should there be failure to communicate properly the cancellation of your spot in the workshop 60 days prior to the commencement of the workshop we reserve the rights to treat the booking as cancelled.
2. Cancellation Policy
• You may cancel your booking 60 days or more prior to the commencement of the workshop date, and can receive a full refund minus the initial deposit of $200 (or $400 if on the Mt Assiniboine workshop).
• If you should cancel 60 days or less prior to the commencement of the workshop date, a refund will not be issued unless you can find a replacement participant. You may upon approval and availability transfer to future workshops within a 12 month period. Should a future workshop be more expensive, the participant will be required to pay the difference 60 days prior to commencement of the new workshop. Cancellation of workshop transfers will not be refunded.
• If you should cancel 30 days or less prior to the commencement of the workshop date, a refund will not be issued unless you can find a replacement participant.
• The instructor reserves the rights to cancel workshops prior to the commencement date at any time for reasons such as too few participants, instructor illness, harsh weather, or any reasons that make operation of the workshop inadvisable or deemed to be reasonably unsafe. “Reasonably unsafe” is to be determined by the instructor. All fees will be refunded to the participants, including the non-refundable deposit.
• The instructor reserves the right to alter, change, or cancel the workshop during its commencement should there be instructor illness, harsh weather, or for other reasons that make the operation of the workshop inadvisable or deemed to be reasonably unsafe. “Reasonably unsafe” is to be determined by the instructor. 50% of the fees will be refunded should a workshop discontinue during operations.
• Refunds or discounts are not given to participants should they be late, leave early, or choose to omit from activities as set out in the workshop itinerary
3. Additional Participant Responsibilities and Considerations
• If a medical issue or emergency should arise before, during, or after the workshop, the participant is responsible for all costs accrued, not Nick Fitzhardinge Photography. Therefore, the participant is responsible for ensuring they have proper travel and emergency medical coverage.
• We reserve the right to retain or to ban any participant from the trip should their actions impede on the enjoyment, safety, or well-being of others. No refunds will be given in such circumstances • All workshops itineraries are made to provide an enjoyable, educational experience. However, landscape photography is subject to many variables, and experiences and environmental conditions cannot be guaranteed. However, we reserve the right to alter or change the schedule or plans, depending on weather, health and safety considerations, or due to other photographic opportunities that may arise as we see fit.
• The instructor reserves the right to change and update terms and agreements anytime for future workshops that have not yet been advertised to the public
4. Limitation of Liability
• As always, we aim to provide a safe, educational, and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. There are always certain risks and dangers associated with photography and the outdoors, such as personal loss, damage to equipment and supplies, illness, injury, or accidental death and dismemberment to participants. Participants are responsible for taking care of themselves and accepting any risk associated with attending workshops. Nick Fitzhardinge Photography thereby does not accept responsibility for any of the above stated risks and including but not limited to digital media loss, conflict between participants, foul play, and lack of care
• Participants are responsible for their own medical supplies & equipment, travel insurance, proper photography equipment, and other gear to protect them in all possible outdoor and indoor elements
• Participants must inform the instructor of any medical concerns, ailments, or allergies prior to the commencement of the date of the workshop. All medical information provided to the instructor is kept confidential.
• Participant suitability is determined through their own discretion in regards to photographic skill level, fitness ability and stamina and for these reasons cannot receive a refund during or after the workshop is complete. Participants are thereby acknowledging possible discomfort outside of their usual routine and comforts.
• Payment of the initial deposit fee and/or full amount of the workshop cost represents the acceptance of all terms and conditions as outlined in this document. In addition, we shall have no liability, for any costs, expenses, or damages of any kind related to the participant before, during, or after the workshop, including sickness, unforeseen delays or failure of transportation getting to and from the workshop, acts of God, weather, detention, quarantines, strikes, civil disturbance, annoyance, criminal activity, government interference or regulation, and other causes beyond our control. We do not accept liability for any travel or insurance costs if a workshop is cancelled.
• All participants assume all risks, causes of actions, actions, liability, debts, and demands which may arise out of connection to the workshop. These terms hereof shall serve as a release and assumption of risk for the participants administrators, executors, all members of the family and heirs